North West Language Teacher Networks 2013-14
This is the time to sign up for a Language Teacher Network for the next school year.
We have existing networks across Merseyside, Stockport and Cheshire and would like to extend even further across the region.
Advantages of Network Membership:
- The equivalent of up to three days of CPD per year (four afternoon workshops and one annual conference)
- A chance to share ideas, expertise and benefit from updates, briefings and information on national issues, curriculum development and inspection criteria, with a focus on quality teaching and learning.
- A balance between expert/consultant input and teacher contributions – grounded in reality, good classroom practice, and guidance at all levels from NQT to coordinator (and beyond).
- Responsive to need, pragmatic, practical, and understanding of whole school issues.
£450 per year for new schools 2013-14
Topics covered this year include: speaking skills, preparing for inspection, preparing for Statutory Status, moderating controlled assessment, building up KS3, outstanding teaching and learning, SMSC, VLE use, primary subject inspection, seasonal resources, songs and stories, poems and games and assessment in primary languages.
Network for Languages
We know that good practitioners are looking for:
- resources that they can use and adapt straight away
- strategies and approaches that enhance and refresh their teaching
- theory and research findings that inform and justify their curriculum planning and practice