BBC Active Languages
BBC Active has years of experience in producing bestselling language resources. Designed by language-teaching experts, our courses make the best use of today's technology to deliver a thoroughly up-to-date experience for teachers and learners alike.
To find out more, sign up to our free newsletter or explore our free teacher support, visit: www.bbcactivelanguages.com
We've got it all for languages:
|For those of you wishing to try out your French in a friendly but totally French setting, Josette and her husband (currently M le Maire de la commune) offer a lovely chambre d'hote in the Limousin countryside. If you are crossing by ferry to Caen (Ouistreham) then lunch in Saumur, and a wander down the N20 brings you to Le Dève. A very nice swimming pool, comfortable independent room with its own bathroom, a dinner with homegrown vegetables, local cheeses and breakfast with fresh eggs from her hens make this a restful place to stay. It is not far from Limoges (for china fans) and Oradour sur Glane – for those looking at WW2 sites of interest and remembrance. Very good value.|
Vive le Saumur Champigny. The Pisani-Ferry family, descendants of French politicians, own this former hunting lodge, set into the tufa rocks on the banks of the Loire, a few kilometres outside Saumur. They have turned the annexe to the chateau into a little gite, with a huge terrace overlooking the river and access through the vineyards, past the cherry trees to the swimming pool. There are bicycles to use, and the whole area is very cycle friendly.
Edouard and Carole are very welcoming, and will try out their English on you, their administrator Pascale does not speak English – so a good chance to upgrade language skills with a truly sympathetic native speaker! The red is lovely, so is the sparkling, and the sweet wine is to die for. Walking distance of the 'pommes tapées' makers, and a troglo restaurant. Cycling distance from Saumur or Fontevraud. Une adresse à chérir.
KS2 French & Spanish
For teachers of French or Spanish:
- an audit of existing provision and resources
- preparation and planning
- building capacity
- embedding good practice
The scheme includes:
- Step by step lesson plans including lesson objectives
- Success criteria and differentiation
- Videos with actions to support the teaching of high frequency phonemes and the actions to songs
- Songs from the Language Factory
- Français Français and Español Español CDs
- Sound files
- Interactive whiteboard activities (Smartboard and Promethean)
- Board games
- A work booklet
- Card activities
From the popular ilanguages stable, a new course from Juliet Park and Wendy Adeniji designed to refresh practice and support language coordinators and teachers in KS2.
There will be training events and familiarisation meetings to support teachers who may want to use this course for beginning learners in KS2, or to offer variety to established primary programmes.
The teaching package costs £199.
Training sessions from £95.
This is a comprehensive package for secondary schools including:
- A calendar of themes – one for each week of the school year
- A parallel calendar of form time themes and ideas, linked to national and international significant dates – with suggested activities
- Built in times to incorporate review, links to curriculum areas
- A series of linked 'responses' to use as a focus for the end of assembly or form time
- Adapted for the full range of schools
- Follow-up service – responses to events and specific situations
- Pupil involvement
- Community involvement
- Marking of seasons and festivals
- Further materials for church schools for liturgy and worship
- Based on years of experience, and a vast range of collected materials and ideas to make assemblies positive, inclusive and creative, as well as a focus for thought and reflection, this is a time-saving and valuable resource that schools can take and adapt to their particular needs and circumstances.
Available as a compressed file transfer from TLNW for only £250. Reductions are available to existing clients and colleagues from MFL Resources!
Samples are available for inspection.